• Statistically significant improvement is seen for mortality. 5 studies from 5 independent teams in 5 different countries show statistically significant improvements in isolation (3 for the most serious outcome).
• Meta analysis using the most serious outcome reported shows 39% [23‑52%] improvement. Results are similar for Randomized Controlled Trials and similar for peer-reviewed studies. Early treatment is more effective than late treatment.
• While many treatments have some level of efficacy, they do not replace vaccines and other measures to avoid infection. None of the budesonide studies show zero events in the treatment arm. Multiple treatments are typically used in combination, and other treatments may be more effective.
• No treatment, vaccine, or intervention is 100% available and effective for all variants. All practical, effective, and safe means should be used. Denying the efficacy of treatments increases mortality, morbidity, collateral damage, and endemic risk.
• All data to reproduce this paper and sources are in the appendix.
Covid Analysis et al., 6/27/2022, preprint, 1 author.